As our next District Attorney, Chesa's first priority will be to improve public safety by fundamentally reforming our broken criminal justice system that is expensive, inefficient, unjust and inhumane.
CHESA WILL WORK TO:
- End mass incarceration and break the cycle of recidivism at its roots.
- Give crime victims a voice in every case
- Eliminate cash bail and other forms of injustice where poverty results in harsher punishments
- Aggressively prosecute police misconduct and enforce the laws against political corruption and white collar crime
- Enforce the law equally, ending the rampant racial disparities that plague every step of the process.