As a public defender, I work every day to provide equal justice for people who can’t afford an attorney. I'm running for District Attorney to make sure the criminal justice system works for everyone — not just the rich and powerful.
I am putting my agenda on the record. Watch it here.
My issue priorities include:
- Test every rape kit. Treat sexual assault survivors with dignity and hold rapists accountable.
- Stand up to Trump on immigration. Protect immigrant rights, stand up to illegal tactics by ICE, and keep families together.
- Expand mental health treatment. Stop using our jail as an ineffective and inhumane mental health facility.
- Eliminate cash bail. It allows dangerous people with money to buy their way out while poor people languish in jail regardless of how weak the evidence is against them.
- End racist disparities. They plague every step of our criminal justice system.
- End mass incarceration. 2/3 of people are back in prison within three years of their release. Breaking the cycle of crime and incarceration is the only way to make us safe.
- Give crime victims a voice in every case. Justice needs to include all of us.
- Equal enforcement of the law. Effectively prosecute police misconduct. Investigate and prosecute political corruption, corporate crime and landlords who break laws to exploit tenants.
- Focus resources on serious and violent felonies. Two-thirds of the cases that go to trial in San Francisco are misdemeanors – a tremendous waste of resources.
Please join our campaign and vote Chesa Boudin on November, 5th!
- Chesa Boudin